Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"Sometimes More is Just More"

Over the past few days, I've become aware of a documentary called "Simply Raw - Reversing Diabetes in 30 days". I've been hearing some remarkable things about the "experiment" to try and take 6 insulin-dependent diabetics off their meds and to a new level of health in 30 days by changing their diet to include only raw foods. I watched the trailer this morning, and felt such sadness (tears running down my cheeks) for a society gone high-tech, processed, wasteful ... totally lost from the simplicity for which God intended us. I am just as guilty as any of wanting the easy, most pleasurable way out in all circumstances. But is all this complication, all this layering that takes us so much "higher" really easier and more pleasurable? "Sometimes more is just more." (from the movie "Sabrina")

2 comments: